12 Jan Best Freediving in Bali | Gianyar
Freediving in Bali | Gianyar
Fathom Freedive, located in Jemeluk Bay, Amed, East Bali, is among the best freediving schools in the area, offering certified PADI and Pure Apnea courses. Our school seamlessly integrates various elements including yoga, breathwork, and psychology into our comprehensive training courses. The prime location not only offers certified courses but also provides awe-inspiring coral gardens, reefs, and walls teeming with vibrant marine life. Our cutting-edge facilities encompass roomy, well-equipped air-conditioned and open-air classrooms, for a relaxed and comfortable learning environment. The authentic and relaxed atmosphere of Amed, plus its breathtaking landscapes, makes it an excellent spot for people seeking a unique and memorable freediving experience.
Fathom Freediving Services in Gianyar
Prospective freedivers are invited to unlock their amphibious talents through an assortment of services, including swimming with mantas, freediving, spearfishing, Liberty Shipwreck trips, freediving photoshoots, and a surf survival course. Dive into a unique adventure with our team, focusing on staying mindful and discovering yourself with enjoyable activities like swimming deep underwater and practicing breathwork. Our mission of providing mixed experiences ensures that students can tailor their journey to harmonize with their personal interests and goals, promising a genuinely enlightening and memorable experience in the heart of Bali’s aquatic wonders. Whether you’re just starting out into the world of freediving or seeking advanced training, our experts at Fathom Freedive are here to guide you.
Bali Freediving Course | Gianyar
Rooted in time-honored skills and tapping into the human body’s ‘Mammalian dive response’, Fathom’s courses unlock natural aquatic abilities. You’ll get personalized coaching tailored to your level, focusing on diving to your limits, with a maximum student and instructor ratio of 4 to 1. Discover parts of physiology, gain proficiency in relaxation techniques in our comprehensive classroom sessions, and attain energetically efficient underwater movement. Safety is top priority, as we give you the skills to recognize and handle potential risks using buddy systems. See your beautiful underwater adventures with masterfully edited pictures, improving color and contrast and light, posted on our Facebook page within a few days. Then continue your training with the PADI Advanced Freediver (level 2) course, delving into advanced techniques and experiencing wonderful adventures like exploring the time-honored Liberty shipwreck. Come with us on this remarkable adventure where every dive unfolds a new chapter in your freediving journey, creating lasting memories and a deep connection with the ocean.
Spearfishing Lesson Bali | Gianyar
Our spearfishing course provides a comprehensive introduction to the sport, requiring students to be certified in a Level 1 freediving course previously. The program covers vital aspects such as equipment, safety protocols, and hunting basics in a classroom setting. After lunch, students engage in practice activities, including shallow water target practice and gun maneuvering. The course then goes to a boat expedition around the Rumpons, local FADs created by local fishermen to attract different types of predatory fish. Our school uses top-notch, handcrafted Andre spearguns, with options like a 110cm wood gun for beginners and 125cm/135cm reef roller guns for those desiring more power. Despite emphasizing the how difficult it is to shoot fish and no guarantees, the program aims to enhance students’ chances through a combination of skill and luck, emphasizing the importance of prior freediving experience.
Wreck Diving | Gianyar
Explore wreck diving with Fathom Freedive on a coral-covered sunken ship in Bali, renowned for teeming with marine life. Our expert teachers will assist you into passages and caves at depths ranging between 5 and 25 meters. Perfect for those with basic freediving skills, this wreck offers outstanding snorkeling in good visibility. The the fun dive without a buoy, without a rope, caters to people able to do short-duration dives. Buoy support for breath-ups is available upon request. If you’re a first-timer in freediving, explore the PADI freediver course with our expert instructors for comprehensive training.
Freediving Photo Shoots | Gianyar
Fathom Freedive offers expert underwater photoshoots at some of Bali’s most beautiful freediving locations, including Jemeluk Bay in Amed, the Liberty shipwreck in Tulamben, and Lipah Bay. Our expert underwater photographers capture breathtaking moments, considering perfect lighting and recommending poses to create stunning photos for printing or online. Clients are invited to share their own ideas, and specific photo preferences can be discussed before the shoot. To view examples of our previous work, visit our Pro Photoshoots album.
Swim With Mantas | Gianyar
Swim with Manta Rays in Bali in 1 to 6 meters, and enjoy the playfulness of these gentle creatures. The travel plan includes a journey from the coastal area of Sanur to the island of Nusa Lembongan, followed by another short boat ride along the awe-inspiring cliffs of the island of Nusa Penida. Discover Manta Point with your guide/instructor from Fathom Freedive, followed by snorkeling at the picturesque Crystal Bay and discovering a beautiful underwater cave swim-through. The journey ends with a beachside lunch at Lembongan Island before returning to the starting point in Sanur. A bonus add-on lets your instructor/guide from our team photograph your Manta encounter with an underwater camera. Consider that while a reliable captain raises chances of seeing mantas, their appearance isn’t guaranteed, because they typically occur between April and October.
Surf Survival Course | Gianyar
This one-day course is tailored for surfers seeking to enhance their breath holding during wipeouts in challenging wave conditions. Designed to build self-confidence, the fully pool-based course focuses on managing stress and an improved awareness of the mind-body connection. Upon completion, surfers gain crucial skills to conserve oxygen and remain calm in the face of wipeouts. Instructors are prepared to lead the course at any location in Bali with a suitable pool.
Breathwork and Meditation | Gianyar
Fathom Freedive offers a mind-altering meditation journey towards personal empowerment and happiness, emphasizing the vital role of breath in connecting mind and body. We provide two breathing techniques. Our Theta Breath technique, integrated into some freediving courses, swiftly taps into altered states of consciousness and mental focus. Healing Breath, a lengthier process, addresses trauma-induced breathing restrictions, fostering joy, immune system boost, and emotional release. This healing technique from Fathom Freedive aims to address disorders, free from habitual thinking patterns, and cultivate power and peace, possibly resulting in a better spiritual connection.
Bali Freediving FAQs
Is Bali good for freediving?
Freediving in Bali offers endless underwater depths with visibility ranging from 20-30 meters. The water temperature is a comfortable 28-29 degrees, providing perfect conditions for diving in currents, an incredible underwater world, and the opportunity to dive with manta rays exists. This is unquestionably one of the finest places in Asia where you can learn to freedive.
What is the No. 1 rule in freediving?
If you engage in freediving, the primary safety rule is always to dive under the close supervision of a buddy. Freediving carries a serious risk of blackout, as holding your breath results in a decrease in your oxygen levels.
Why is Bali popular with divers?
The island of Bali is among the best places for manta rays and mola mola. While the manta rays are consistently spotted at nearby Nusa Penida, mola mola are more elusive and are sought by Bali divers during specific months when the water is at lower temperature. Diving Alor is also a fantastic spot to spot mola mola.
What is the hardest part of free diving?
Freediving without Fins (CNF) is one of the most challenging discipline in freediving. In CNF, divers only have their physical strength at their disposal. They must dive down and rise a line to a specific depth, without the aid of freediving fins or other propulsion devices.
Gianyar, a wonderful town in Bali, Indonesia, is like a vibrant canvas painted with a mix of culture and fun for explorers of all ages! Imagine wandering through colorful markets filled with handmade crafts, toys, and tasty treats, making it a bit like a treasure hunt for everyone. Gianyar is famous for its traditional dances, where talented performers bring ancient stories to life through graceful movements and captivating music. Families can visit the Bali Safari Park to meet exotic animals, creating a memorable adventure. The town is also home to the historic Tirta Empul Temple, where people can participate in a unique water purification ritual. So, if you’re in Bali and ready for a splash of culture and excitement, Gianyar is like an open invitation to explore, learn, and create lasting memories for explorers of every age!
Elevation: 75 meters
Area: 48 square miles
Neighborhoods In Gianyar
- Gianyar City Center: The central area of Gianyar where you can find administrative offices, markets, and cultural attractions.
- Ubud: While Ubud is often considered a separate town, it is a significant cultural and tourism hub within the Gianyar Regency.
- Sukawati: Known for its traditional market, Sukawati is a district in Gianyar where visitors can find a wide range of arts and crafts.
- Tampaksiring: Famous for the Tirta Empul Temple and the presidential palace, Tampaksiring is a district within Gianyar.
- Blahbatuh: A district known for its traditional villages and agricultural landscapes.
- Payangan: Located to the north of Ubud, Payangan is known for its scenic landscapes and traditional Balinese villages.
Zipcodes In Gianyar
Things To Do In Gianyar
- Ubud Monkey Forest: Explore the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary in Ubud, a natural reserve home to hundreds of long-tailed macaques. The lush jungle setting and ancient temple ruins add to the mystical atmosphere.
- Tirta Empul Temple: Visit Tirta Empul, a Hindu temple famous for its sacred spring. Witness locals participating in purification rituals and explore the intricate architecture of the temple complex.
- Tegallalang Rice Terraces: Marvel at the stunning Tegallalang Rice Terraces, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its picturesque landscapes. Take a walk among the lush green terraces and enjoy the scenic views.
- ARMA Museum (Agung Rai Museum of Art): Immerse yourself in Balinese and Indonesian art at the ARMA Museum. The museum showcases traditional and contemporary works, providing a comprehensive overview of the island’s artistic heritage.
- Bali Zoo: Experience the Bali Zoo, where you can encounter a variety of exotic animals in naturalistic habitats. The zoo offers interactive animal encounters and educational programs.
- Gunung Kawi Temple: Explore Gunung Kawi Temple, an ancient rock-cut temple complex with shrines dedicated to royal ancestors. The temple is surrounded by lush rice fields and scenic landscapes.
- Bali Safari and Marine Park: Enjoy a safari adventure at Bali Safari and Marine Park, home to a diverse range of animals. Witness animal shows, go on a safari journey, and explore the water park.
- Bali Bird Park: Discover the diverse bird species of Indonesia at Bali Bird Park. The park features walk-in aviaries, live bird shows, and educational programs about avian conservation.
- Taman Nusa Cultural Park: Step into Indonesia’s cultural diversity at Taman Nusa, a cultural park showcasing traditional houses and artifacts from different regions of the country. Experience Indonesia’s rich heritage in one place.
- Pura Kehen: Visit Pura Kehen, a beautifully adorned Hindu temple in the Bangli regency. Marvel at the intricate carvings, towering structures, and ancient stone artifacts within the temple grounds.
JL Jemeluk Beach, Jl. Raya Amed, Bunutan, Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852
Spearfishing Lesson Bali
For those eager to master spearfishing in Bali, Fathom Freedive offers expert-led Spearfishing Lessons, providing a unique opportunity to learn essential skills and experience the underwater wonders of Bali’s marine life.
Bali Freediving Photos
For those wanting amazing Bali freediving photos, Fathom Freedive captures the beauty and excitement of underwater exploration, delivering stunning imagery that showcases the thrilling freediving experience in Bali.