12 Jan Best Freediving in Bali | Sukawati
Freediving in Bali | Sukawati
Fathom Freedive, located in Jemeluk Bay, Amed, East Bali, is one of the top-notch freediving schools in the area, offering certified PADI and Pure Apnea courses. Our school integrates a variety of elements such as mindfulness, breathwork, and psychology into its comprehensive training programs. The prime location not only offers certified courses but also provides access to awe-inspiring coral gardens, reefs, and walls filled with dazzling marine life. Our cutting-edge facilities have spacious, well-equipped air-conditioned and open-air classrooms, providing a relaxed and comfortable learning environment. The authentic and relaxed atmosphere of Amed, plus its breathtaking landscapes, makes it an ideal spot for those looking for a unique and memorable freediving experience.
Fathom Freediving Services in Sukawati
Those interested in freediving are invited to tap into their amphibious nature through an assortment of services, including freediving, a surf survival course, swimming with mantas, spearfishing, Liberty Shipwreck trips, and freediving photoshoots. Dive into a memorable adventure with our team, focusing on discovering yourself and staying mindful through super fun activities like exploring underwater and practicing breathwork techniques. Our mission of providing mixed experiences ensures that individuals can tailor their journey to line up with their personal goals and interests, promising a genuinely enlightening and memorable experience in Bali’s underwater treasures. Whether you’re beginning your journey into freediving or looking for advanced training, our experts at Fathom Freedive are here to guide you.
Bali Freediving Course | Sukawati
Rooted in ancient skills and activating the body’s ‘Mammalian dive response’, Fathom’s courses unlock innate aquatic abilities. You’ll get personalized courses matched to your level, emphasizing diving to your limits, with a maximum student to instructor ratio of 4 to 1. Discover minutiae of physiology, gain proficiency in relaxation techniques in our extensive classes, and develop efficient underwater movement. Your safety is a priority, as we’ll equip you to identify and manage potential risks using the buddy system. Preserve your gorgeous underwater adventures with masterfully edited pictures, enhancing contrast, light, and color, posted on our Facebook page in a few days. Afterwards continue your adventure with the PADI Advanced Freediver (level 2) course, delving into advanced techniques and undertaking awe-inspiring adventures like exploring the historical Liberty shipwreck. Come with us in this extraordinary adventure where each dive reveals a new chapter in your freediving experience, creating long-lasting memories and creating a deep and profound connection with the ocean.
Spearfishing Class Bali | Sukawati
This spearfishing course provides a comprehensive introduction to the sport, requiring participants to complete a Level 1 freediving course beforehand. The program covers vital skills such as hunting basics, equipment, and safety protocols in a classroom setting. After lunch, participants engage in practice activities, including low-depth target practice and gun maneuvering. The program then expands to a boat expedition around the Rumpons, local FADs made by local fishermen to attract different types of predatory fish. Our school uses premium, handcrafted Andre spearguns, including choices like a 110cm wooden gun for beginners and 125cm/135cm reef roller guns for those seeking more power. Regardless of emphasizing the how difficult it is to shoot fish and the lack of guarantees, the program aims to improve participants’ chances through a mixture of skill and luck, emphasizing the importance of previous freediving experience.
Shipwreck Diving | Sukawati
Discover shipwreck diving with Fathom Freedive on a coral-covered structure in Bali, known for its diverse marine life. Our experienced teachers will guide you into passages and caves at depths ranging between 5 and 25 meters. Suitable for those with basic freediving skills, this wreck offers outstanding snorkeling in good visibility. The buoy-free fun dive, without a rope, caters to people who are capable of short-duration dives. Support with a buoy for breath-ups is available upon request. If you’re just starting out in freediving, think about the PADI freediver course with Fathom Freedive for comprehensive training.
Freediving Photo Shoots | Sukawati
Fathom Freedive offers professional underwater photoshoots at some of Bali’s most captivating freediving locations, including Jemeluk Bay in Amed, the Liberty shipwreck in Tulamben, and Lipah Bay in Amed. Our expert underwater photographers capture breathtaking moments, considering perfect lighting and suggesting poses to create perfect images for printing or online. Students are welcomed to share their own ideas, and any photo preferences can be discussed before the shoot. To check our previous photo shoots, visit our Pro Photoshoots album.
Swim With Mantas | Sukawati
Snorkel with Manta Rays in Bali from one to six meters, enjoying the playful antics of these gentle beings. The itinerary includes a journey from the coastal area of Sanur to the island of Nusa Lembongan, followed by a short boat ride along the wowing cliffs of Nusa Penida. Experience Manta Point with your instructor/guide from Fathom Freedive, followed by snorkeling at gorgeous Crystal Bay and discovering an enchanting swim-through cave. The adventure ends with a lunch on the beach at Lembongan Island before returning to the starting point in Sanur. A bonus option lets your instructor from Fathom Freedive snap pictures of your Manta experience with an underwater camera. Note that while an expert captain does improve chances of spotting mantas, their appearance is not a guarantee, typically occurring between April and October.
Surf Survival Course | Sukawati
This one-day course is ideal for surfers who want to improve their ability to hold their breath when wipeouts happen in challenging wave conditions. Designed to instill confidence, the entirely pool-based program focuses on stress management and a heightened awareness of the mind/body connection. Upon completion, surfers gain valuable skills to conserve oxygen and remain calm in the face of wipeouts. We are prepared to lead the course at any location in Bali with a suitable pool.
Breathwork and Meditation | Sukawati
Fathom Freedive offers a mind-altering meditation journey towards personal growth and happiness, underscoring the essential role of breath in connecting body and mind. We provide two breathwork techniques. Theta Breath, included in some of our freediving courses, swiftly taps into altered states of consciousness and mental focus. Our Healing Breath method, a longer process, deals with trauma-induced breathing restrictions, fostering joy, immune system boost, and emotional release. This self-healing modality from Fathom Freedive aims to tackle disorders, free from old thinking patterns, and nurture peace and power, possibly leading to enhanced spiritual connection.
Bali Freediving FAQs
Is Bali good for freediving?
Freediving in Bali offers boundless depths with visibility ranging from 20-30m. The water temperature is a comfortable 28-29 degrees, providing perfect conditions for diving in currents, an amazing underwater world, and the opportunity to dive with manta rays exists. This is undoubtedly one of the finest places in Asia to learn freedive.
What is the Number 1 rule in freediving?
If you engage in freediving, the number one safety rule is always to dive under the direct supervision of a buddy. Freediving carries a very real risk of blackout, as holding your breath results in a decrease in your oxygen levels.
Why is Bali popular with divers?
The island of Bali is a premier destination for manta rays and mola mola. While the mantas are consistently spotted at nearby Nusa Penida, mola mola are more elusive and are sought by Bali divers in certain seasons when the water is at lower temperature. Diving Alor is also an excellent location to spot mola mola.
What is the most challenging part of free diving?
Constant Weight without Fins (CNF) is the hardest discipline in freediving. In CNF, divers only have their muscle power at their disposal. They must go down and come up a line to a pre-set depth, without the aid of freediving fins or any other propulsion devices.
Sukawati, a lively village in Bali, Indonesia, is like a treasure trove waiting to be explored by adventurers of all ages! Imagine wandering through colorful markets filled with handcrafted souvenirs, traditional paintings, and delightful trinkets, creating a bit of a magical shopping experience. Sukawati is the heart of Bali’s artistic spirit, offering a glimpse into the island’s rich cultural heritage. Families can witness captivating traditional dance performances, visit the Sukawati Art Market to bring home unique treasures, or explore the nearby Bali Bird Park for a day of fun and learning. With its warm community and vibrant atmosphere, Sukawati invites visitors to embrace the island’s artistic soul. So, if you’re in Bali and ready for a journey into creativity and culture, Sukawati is like an open invitation for explorers of every age to discover the artistic wonders of this enchanting village.
Elevation: 25 meters
Area: 50 square miles
Neighborhoods In Sukawati
- Sukawati Village: The central village where the traditional Sukawati Market is located, offering various arts and crafts.
- Kemenuh: A village in Sukawati known for its traditional wood carving and art galleries.
- Singapadu: A village with cultural attractions, including dance performances and art studios.
- Guwang: Known for its art market, Guwang offers a variety of traditional Balinese crafts and artworks.
- Batuan: While Batuan is a separate village, it is nearby and known for its traditional painting style and temples.
- Celuk: Although Celuk is more famous for its silver and goldsmiths, it’s in close proximity to Sukawati.
Zipcodes In Sukawati
Things To Do In Sukawati
- Sukawati Art Market: Explore the Sukawati Art Market, a bustling market known for its traditional Balinese crafts, textiles, and artwork. Bargain with local vendors for unique souvenirs and handmade goods.
- Celuk Village: Visit Celuk Village, renowned for its skilled silver and goldsmiths. Witness craftsmen creating intricate jewelry pieces and shop for beautiful handmade silver items.
- Batuan Village: Explore Batuan Village, known for its traditional Balinese paintings. Visit local art galleries and see artists at work, depicting scenes from Balinese mythology and daily life.
- Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave): Discover Goa Gajah, a historic cave complex with ancient carvings and a bathing pool. The site dates back to the 11th century and showcases intricate stone carvings.
- Tegenungan Waterfall: Visit Tegenungan Waterfall, a scenic waterfall surrounded by lush greenery. Take a refreshing swim in the natural pool and enjoy the beautiful jungle setting.
- Saba Beach: Relax on Saba Beach, a tranquil black sand beach known for its serene atmosphere. Enjoy a peaceful seaside escape away from the more crowded tourist areas.
- Bali Bird Park: Explore the Bali Bird Park, home to a diverse collection of exotic bird species. Witness daily bird shows, walk through aviaries, and learn about conservation efforts.
- Sukawati Royal Palace: Visit the Sukawati Royal Palace, also known as Puri Agung Sukawati. Admire the traditional Balinese architecture, courtyards, and cultural displays within the palace.
- Taman Ayun Temple: Explore Taman Ayun Temple, a magnificent water temple surrounded by scenic gardens. The temple is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a symbol of Balinese cultural heritage.
- Setia Darma House of Mask and Puppets: Immerse yourself in traditional Balinese arts at Setia Darma House of Mask and Puppets. The museum showcases a vast collection of masks and puppets from Indonesia and around the world.
JL Jemeluk Beach, Jl. Raya Amed, Bunutan, Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852
Bali Freediving Course
For anyone wanting to learn freediving in Bali, Fathom Freedive is the ideal choice, providing expert instruction and a transformative experience through our comprehensive Bali Freediving Course.
Bali Freediving Photos
For those wanting amazing Bali freediving photos, Fathom Freedive captures the beauty and excitement of underwater exploration, delivering stunning imagery that showcases the thrilling freediving experience in Bali.